Police Officer Job Apply Online in BATH New York/job.blogsguru.in
Police Officer Job @https://job.blogsguru.in
Post No: CAYV-10382667-19-JAB
Department: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Pay Scale: $46,783.00 to $60,812.00 Grade 6 to 6
Open Date: 12/19/2018
Close Date: 1/1/2019
Job Type: Apply Online
Who may apply: Status Candidates
Locations: BATH, NY
Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 12/19/2018 to 01/01/2019
Pay scale & grade
$46,783 to $60,812 per year
2 vacancies in the following location:
- Bath, NYBath, NY
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a “surplus” or “displaced” employee.
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
ALL US CITIZENS
The Police Officer enforces Federal, State, and the Department of Veterans Affairs Laws and Regulations, originating on Federal Statutes, in physical protection of patients, staff, visitors, and all other individuals who are on the property, to include the protection of Government and Personal Property on the medical center grounds. This includes Criminal and Traffic Laws.
Learn more about this agency
- Conduct patrols to maintain the safety and security of the facility and initiate investigative stops as needed.
- Identify and assess security vulnerabilities and submit recommendations to management for resolution.
- Investigate offenses committed on VA property and determine the best course of action, to include arresting, citing, cautioning, or referring the individual.
- Interview suspects, witnesses, and others complete sworn statements and advise on legal procedures.
- Secure crime scenes and accident sites, analyze facts, identify suspects, and collect case information, evidence, and contraband.
- Collaborate with other law enforcement agencies and attorneys on investigations and case development and perform associated arrests and booking procedures.
- Apply policing protocols unique to health care environments and Veteran populations.
- Recognize and assist Veterans experiencing urgent medical needs and direct them to the appropriate clinical facility.
- De-escalate crisis situations involving Veterans using PMDB techniques and determine a course of action in consideration of the impact on the Veteran.
- Respond to emergencies in coordination with EMS and provide on-scene support and medical aid as needed.
- Respond to and/or repel active threats, terrorist acts, criminal activity, natural disasters, and other emergencies.
- Manage situations involving large/hostile crowds, missing persons, unsafe conditions, and animal control.
- Utilize multiple weapons as needed, including batons, handguns, long guns and lethal or non-lethal munitions.
- Utilize a wide variety of advanced law enforcement equipment and systems.
- Train to maintain proficiency in weapons, tactics, emergency response, active threat response, CBRNE, and other areas.
Work Schedule: Variable, Will be discussed at interview
Position Description Title/PD#: Police Officer/PD06105
Physical Requirements: The work requires regular and recurring physical exertion, long hours of standing, walking, driving, and similar activities.
Occasional travel – Occasional travel may be required for training.
Job family (Series)
- Officers, Police
- Police Officers