Maintenance Mechanic Worker Job in CANANDAIGUA- New York
Maintenance Mechanic Worker Job in CANANDAIGUA @https://job.blogsguru.in
The position is located within the Building Unit/Carpenter Shop of Engineering/Service Line. The position provides assistance to the other areas of the Building Unit such as Paint and Mason Shops when additional assistance is required. The position completes work orders and tasks identified by the supervisor.
Learn more about this agency
Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 12/21/2018 to 01/07/2019
Pay scale & grade
$20.38 to $23.81 per hour
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Canandaigua, NYCanandaigua, NY
This job is open to
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Clarification from the agency
At this time this position is only open to current, permanent employees of the Canandaigua VA Medical Center, the Rochester Outpatient Clinic, or one of their externally funded programs to include the Caregiver Support Line, Center of Excellence, Crisis Hotline, Homeless Veterans Hotline, Women’s Veterans Call Center, and the Canteen Services (after 90 days).
ResponsibilitiesDuties include, but are not limited to:
- Cuts, constructs, installs and repairs a variety of wood, wood composite, and wood substitute structures.
- Applies standard measurements, shop mathematics, instructions, plans and blueprints in the performance of duties.
- Works alongside journeyman carpenter using carpenters’ hand or power tools on construction and renovations.
- Assembling, disassembling, reconfiguring, and relocating multiple pieces of furniture from one area of the Medical Center to another area or building.
- Required to lift and move very heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies; sometimes through a confined space.
- May use pallet jacks, dollies, pickup truck or flatbed truck.
- Assists journeymen painters with paint, paint touch-ups, installation of signs/banners, hanging pictures, and ensuring they are supplied with tools and materials.
- Assists journeyman masons with construction or repair of masonry walls, floors, walkways or driveway patches, using cinderblock, brick, concrete or plaster and lath, including mixing of cement, mortar and adhesives, and occasionally excavates small or inaccessible areas by hand, in order to repair or install new systems, floors, walkways or driveways.
Performs other duties as assigned.Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available
Position Description Title/PD#: /PD#08530-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
4749 Maintenance Mechanic