Internal Revenue Agent Month Roster Employee Plans Job New York
Internal Revenue Agent Month Roster Employee Plans Job New York @https://job.blogsguru.in
Post No: 19CS2-TEB0104-0512-5-11-J
Department of: Internal Revenue Service
Salary: $33,394.00 to $91,147.00
Grade: 05 to 11
Open Date: 12/19/2018
Close Date: 12/18/2019
Job Type: Apply Online
Who may apply: Status Candidates
EL MONTE, CA
LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA
SAINT PAUL, MN
LEES SUMMIT, MO
Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 12/19/2018 to 12/18/2019
Pay scale & grade
GS 05 – 11
$33,394 to $91,147 per year
Permanent – Permanent; 12 Month Roster
Full-Time – Monday- Friday; 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
30 vacancies in the following locations:
- Phoenix, AZPhoenix, AZ
- El Monte, CAEl Monte, CA
- Laguna Niguel, CALaguna Niguel, CA
- Sacramento, CASacramento, CA
- Show more locations (20)
This job is open to
Federal employees – Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a “surplus” or “displaced” employee.
Anticipated start date is 5/12/2019 with future start dates to be decided at a later date.
Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE TAX EXEMPT AND GOVERNMENT ENTITIES DIVISION: Tax Exempt & Government Entities Division serves Employee Plans which examines the returns of qualified pension benefit plans compliance. Exempt Organizations ensures not-for-profit organizations meet tax-exempt status requirements. And, Government Entities ensures organizations meet their tax withholding and employment tax payment requirements.
WHAT DOES AN INTERNAL REVENUE AGENT (EMPLOYEE PLANS) DO? An Internal Revenue Agent (Employee Plans) makes independent determinations on the qualification status and performs independent examinations of employee plans.
As an Internal Revenue Agent (Employee Plans) you will:
- Analyze applications and issues determination letters on a variety of defined contribution plans and certain defined benefit plans under applicable Internal Revenue Code provisions.
- Apply technical tests to determine if applicable statutory and other requirements are met; audit returns filed in conjunction with the above plans, and review operating mechanics.
- Consider probable effects of contributions and benefits, and ensure that plans are benefiting employees in general and do not discriminate in favor of highly compensated employees.
- Examine and interpret the provisions of plans and documents accompanying applications to determine their qualified and exempt status.
- Inspect employer’s return for defined contribution plans and certain defined benefits plan to substantiate deductions.
- Examine accounting practices and bookkeeping systems of pension and profit sharing plans.
Provide accurate technical expertise to serve internal and external customers with professional and helpful service.
- Determine customer’s responsibilities for return filing, secure delinquent returns and performs discrepancy adjustments.
- Apply knowledge of the pension and profit-sharing area of tax law, precedents, rulings and court decisions in order to substantiate deductions for contributions made under deferred compensation.
- Proposes revocation of trust’s exempt status when the related plan has ceased to qualify. Recommend re-establishment of exempt status when the plan has fulfilled the appropriate compliance requirements.
- Confers with customers to determine whether the plan satisfies all the requirements for qualifications. When applicable contacts third parties to obtain or verify information.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
Occasional travel – 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
0512 Internal Revenue Agent
- Agents, Internal Revenue Service
- Agents, Revenue
- Examiners, Tax
- Internal Revenue Service Agents
- Revenue Agents
- Tax Examiners